created by

created by
thekemper at deviantart

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

After some technical difficulties, prepare to have your minds blown!

I am delighted to bring to you today one of the most well-known pinup artists of the last few decades, the artist responsible for the most iconic images of the lovely Bettie Page (may she rest in peace.)  For those of you who have been living under a rock, I'm speaking of Olivia de Berardinis, an extremely talented artist who uses mainly oil and canvas to portray the true beauty in the female form.  Olivia was kind enough to answer a few questions for my via myspace, and you can read her thoughts below.


When did you know you wanted to be an artist or did it just happen?
I always knew I wanted to be an artist, I didn't know what kind of artist, but in retrospect, it seems obvious now.  I had been painting women my entire life, the first was my mother.  Since there were no Barbie dolls when I was a kid, I drew women that looked like them.  Knowing you want to be an artist and being able to exist as one is the hard part. I was an artist all my life but didn't start my career until I was 25.  It's too long a story. you can find more of those details on my website: eOlivia.com

Who is your favorite modern pinup or artist?
Modern pin up- Sorayama is my favorite.  I love his half metal, half woman pinups.


Do you prefer painting from photos or from live models?
I work from photos only, having naked women around could get tiresome.

Do you listen to music while you work, and if so who?
I listen to a bit of everything when working, NPR, Howard Stern, KCRW morning becomes eclectic is one of the best stations on the planet.

Who in your work and/or personal life is your biggest inspiration?
I don't have one inspiration,. that comes from everywhere for me.  I have many people I admire and inspire me, but too many to list.

All the best to you!
Olivia

Some spectacular examples of her work:




Thanks Olivia!  You truly are an amazing person and have such vision, I look forward seeing what you have for us in the future.

And thank you dear readers, as we are now getting more and more responses from incredible artists, and labels willing to share materials for review.  Keep spreading the word:)

Love and peace,
Reniazen

1 comment:

  1. I love your work! I love Gustav Klimt and I try to piece different shapes together to achieve the symbolism he was so very brillant at achieving. Your work is extremely clean and the lines are sexy and flowing, I love it, thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind: