created by

created by
thekemper at deviantart

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Deerhoof Takes Me to a Better Place

Upon first listening to Deerhoof vs. Evil I knew I would have to listen to the album many more times before I could properly review it, as said album blew me away. After about 30 more listens, I feel a bit more qualified, so here it is.
This album will be one that constantly stays on rotation in the car and at home. If I could sum it up in one word, I'd be a genius, because at this point, I don't know a way to describe it in just one word. Cerebral, terrific, utterly breathtaking, these are just a few of the adjectives I feel come close to expressing my affection towards this masterpiece.
You may have heard the incredible single "Super Duper Rescue Heads!," which is still one of my fave tunes on the album. However, this doesn't give you the whole picture. Ranging from dance/electro/pop-rock to european and asian style instrumentals, with some psychedelic ambience thrown in the mix, this is truly an epic record, that I think would appeal to those with tastes in many different musical styles. Give it a listen after you pick it up from the always fabulous Polyvinyl and let me know what you think!

Super Duper Rescue Heads!:
HypeMachine-Listen and Download

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind: